1. Scope of Application
- 1.2. Machiya Residence Inn may change the terms and conditions of the “Kanazawa Holiday Campaign” 2019 Campaign (“campaign”, “offer”, “Holiday Campaign”, “Winter Campaign”) at any time without notice. Any change to the terms of conditions of this Campaign will be reflected in the Terms and Conditions found on the Campaign website, and will be deemed the official version of the Terms and Conditions for the “Kanazawa Holiday Campaign” 2019 Campaign.
- 1.3. Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements between the Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- 2.1. This campaign is valid for confirmed reservations with a check-in date between: 2019/12/25〜2020/03/19
- 2.2. Guests must make a reservation for a minimum of 2 nights or more to be eligible for any accommodation discount, or optional perks discount offered through the “Kanazawa Holiday Campaign” 2019 Campaign.
- 2.3.This Kanazawa Holiday Campaign 2019-2020 is not valid for check-in dates, and accommodation dates during the following dates:
2019/12/26 - 2020/1/6
2020/1/24 - 2020/1/30
- 2.4. If a guests’ preferred machiya house is unavailable, our Machiya Residence Inn staff will provide an alternative suggestion.
- 2.5. Reservations must be made via the official MACHIYA RESIDENCE INN Kanazawa homepage.
- 2.6. Reservations made for 2 nights with Machiya Residence Inn will receive a discount of 10% off the total accommodation fee.
- 2.7. Reservations made for 3~5 nights with Machiya Residence Inn will receive a discount of 15% off the total accommodation fee.
- 2.8. Reservations made for 6 nights or more with Machiya Residence Inn will receive a discount of 20% off the total accommodation fee.
- 2.9. Accommodation discount of 20%, 15%, or 10% cannot be applied to optional perks, accommodation tax, or any other payment other than the total accommodation fee.
- 2.10. The accommodation discount or 'Kanazawa Experience Discount' of 2,000 yen cannot be applied towards the Kanazawa City Accommodation Tax.
- 2.11. The ‘Kanazawa Experience Discount’ of 2,000 yen can be used for the ‘Omicho Market Tour + Cooking Class’ Experience managed by IN KANAZAWA HOUSE. This discount is for one-time use only, per machiya reservation group, and will be applied to the total experience fee. (Regular Fee: 6,300 yen + tax / per person)
- 2.12. The ‘Kanazawa Experience Discount’ of 2,000 yen can be used for the ‘Kanazawa Family Cuisine Cooking Class’ Experience managed by IN KANAZAWA HOUSE. This discount is for one-time use only, per machiya reservation group, and will be applied to the total experience fee. (Regular Fee: 4,980 yen + tax / per person)
- 2.13.Guests who are interested in participating in both ‘Omicho Market Tour + Cooking Class’ and ‘Kanazawa Family Cuisine Cooking’ Experience may do so. In this case, we will provide the guest with 2 discount coupons valued at 2,000 yen each. Guests may only use one (1) coupon per group, per experience.
- 2.14. Certain rules and restrictions may apply to options and offers offered in this Campaign.
3. Payment and Payment Methods
- 3.1. Accommodation Fee payment is accepted by credit card or bank transfer only. Payment of Accommodation charges must be prepaid in accordance to Article 4 as stated on our Machiya Residence Inn website Terms & Conditions page.
- 3.2. ‘Omicho Market Tour + Cooking Class’ and ‘Kanazawa Family Cuisine Cooking’ payments must be paid on-site in cash.
4. Prohibited Actions
- 4.1. Offers, discounts, vouchers and privileges cannot be exchanged for cash, other products or services and are not transferable to other persons.
- 4.2. Discount and bonus offer is only valid for new reservations made via our official website, and cannot be applied to confirmed reservations.
- 4.3. This special offer is a one-time offer, and is for one-time use only.
- 4.4. The accommodation discount (20%, 15%, or 10% discount) can only be applied to your total accommodation fee, and cannot be applied to accommodation taxes, delivery services, meals, etc.
- 4.5. The 2,000 yen ‘Kanazawa Experience Discount’ can only be applied to your total Kanazawa Experience fee, and cannot be applied to your accommodation fee.
- 4.6. This offer may not be combined with any other offer(s) or promotions.
5. Violation of Terms and Services
- 5.1. If the guest violates any of the terms and conditions put forth by Machiya Residence Inn, Machiya Residence Inn reserves the right to withdrawal the Campaign and Offer(s) without notice, and/or refuse accommodation or service.
6. Cancellation of Reservation
- In cases where the guest has cancelled the Accommodation Reservation in whole or in part, the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed below.
- 6.1. Terms for cancellation charges are: for cancellation made on the day accommodation commences, 100% of the accommodation cost, 50% for 1 to 7 days before the accommodation commences, and 30% for 8 to 28 days before the date the accommodation commences.
- 6.2. If the guest does not appear by 8:00 p.m. of the day scheduled to stay overnight without advance notice, or if no notice is given even after two hours have passed from the scheduled time of arrival (up to 8:00 p.m.), the accommodation contract shall be deemed as being cancelled by the guest and shall be handled accordingly by the Hotel.
- 6.3. In cases the preceding paragraph, when the Guest can prove that the Guest is not liable not to appear without any notification if the Guest can provide proof that they were unable to arrive at the accommodation due to delay or no arrival of public transportation (such as trains, aircrafts, etc.) the Hotel may not request the cancellation charges as listed in Paragraph 6.1.
6.4. If the guest requests to shorten the number of stays, the cancellation charges shall be paid even when the Hotel accepts such request. In such case, the rate for cancellation charge shall be determined, according to Table 1 below, based on the number of days from [the day that the request for shortening of stays is made] to [the first day of stays] (means the first day in the initial accommodation contract), and the cancellation charges shall be the accommodation charges for [the number of days shortened] multiplied by such rate for cancellation charge (the accommodation charges for the number of days shortened x the rate for cancellation charge).● Concrete Example
(Example) Check-in on Feb. 1 and checkout on Feb. 6: Six-day and five-night stay (Reservation: Feb. 1 to Feb. 6)
Two persons for five nights: Total 150,000 yen (when the accommodation charges of 30,000 yen/per night throughout the reservation)
[The day that the request for shortening of stays is made]
The reservation is changed to four days and three nights on Feb. 1 (schedule: Feb. 1 to Feb. 4).
[The first day of stay] Feb. 1
[The number of days shortened] Two nights (for Feb. 4 and 5) are cancelled.
○ Calculation of Cancellation Charges
The accommodation charges for [the number of days shortened]
(For two nights cancelled) 2 nights x 30,000 yen = 60,000 yen
○ The rate for cancellation charge (see Table 1 below)
[100%: on the day scheduled] is applied
→ 60,000 yen x 100% = 60,000 yen (cancellation charge)
Since the rate for cancellation charge shall be determined based on the number of days from [the day that the request for shortening of stays is made] to [the first day of stays], [50%: seven days to one day before] is not applied even for stays on Feb. 4 and 5. The cancellation charge based on the rate for cancellation charge shall be collected.
- 6.5. Machiya Residence Inn is not liable for any theft or accidents that occur in our properties, unless there is a specific reason that is to be attributed to our responsibility.
7. Right to Cancel, Change, or Conclude the Campaign
- 7.1. Machiya Residence Inn reserves the right to cancel, chance, or conclude the Campaign at any time without notice.
- 7.2. We may cancel, chance, or conclude the Campaign at any time without notice to the guest.
- 7.3. Machiya Residence Inn is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the guest in accordance to the cancellation, change, or conclusion, etc. of the Campaign.
- 7.4. We may cancel, change, or conclude the Campaign at any time without notice for any of the following reasons:
① In case of periodic or urgent maintenance, inspection, and updating of equipment and systems required to provide any service.
② In cases where it is difficult to provide each service due to disasters such as fire, blackout, natural disaster, earthquake, etc.
③ In cases where telecommunication services cannot be provided or supplied.
- 7.5. In addition, Machiya Residence Inn may temporarily suspend, stop, or conclude all Campaign services or offers if we deem it to be too difficult to carry out any service or operation. In the case that we temporarily suspend, stop, or conclude any service, Machiya Residence Inn will not be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the guest or third party.
8. Jurisdiction and Applicable Laws
- 8.1. Litigation arising from the Terms & Conditions for Accommodation contract will be resolved in Kyoto District Court or Kyoto Summary Court in the jurisdiction of the Hotel and in accordance with Japanese law.
- 8.2. Machiya Residence Inn accepts no liability for the goods and services provided by the merchants involved in this promotion.
- 8.3. In the event of a dispute with the Company concerning the use of this Terms & Conditions and any service, the Kyoto District Court shall be the exclusive agreement jurisdiction.
9. Our responsibility / disclaimer
9.1. MACHIYA RESIDENCE INN is not liable for any damages caused by the following reasons:
- ・When the customer suffers any damage or injury due to the intentional or negligence of the customer or a third party.
- ・Cancellations or changes in schedules caused by natural disasters, weather conditions, riots, etc.
- ・Accidents, food poisoning, theft, forgotten items
- ・Cancellation or non-participation of the experience due to delay in departure by customer
- 9.2. The experience fee will be refunded if the experience is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances that may affect customers’ safety, such as extreme weather, etc.
- 9.3. The experience operator is responsible for damages incurred by the customer during the experience, and MACHIYA RESIDENCE INN will not be held responsible.